Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Sun-sine Fix It"

I had to write this here because I don't ever want to forget it! It's just too precious! Drew is saying more and more each day and it is so neat to suddenly be having conversations with him and be able to understand exactly what he means and what is going through his little brain. One day last week, on the way to my parents' house, we were driving past the park, on our usual route, and Drew noticed. Here's our conversation:

D: "Mama, park!"
Me: "Yes, park. The park is wet from all the rain"
D: "Park, wet?"
Me: "Yes, the park is too wet for us to play there."
D: "Sun-sine fix it?"
Me: "What?"
D: "Sun-sine fix it!"
Me: "The sunshine will fix it???!"
D:"YES!!!"
Me: "Yes! You are right. The sunshine will fix it. "

How freaking adorable. And I have no idea where he got that from, but must say, I thought it was pretty clever! LOVE IT.

3 comments:

The Lilly Family said...

How adorable! I love when you get to the point that you can really converse with your toddler! Your boys are too cute, I hope we can get together to play one day!

The Powells said...

The things kids say are just so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

that is too cute! maybe one day sassy madeline will have some clever things to say :)