Saturday, August 1, 2009

Loving the Library!

Drew has really enjoyed going to the library this summer and also participating in the Summer Reading Program. I have also loved having the extra time to familiarize myself with the latest children's literature. I have always loved children's books, so it is very exciting that I have a child who is getting old enough to enjoy being read to (for more than 2 minutes)! Drew's attention for listening to stories has really improved, so we have had a ball selecting library books and reading them together. One of Drew's favorite books was Lola at the Library, where this little girl checks out books and carries them to and from the library in her backpack. Drew decided he needed to carry his books in his "pack pack" like Lola, so here he is ready for the library:
choosing stickers to put on his name tag

his FAVORITE part...spinning the wheel for reading 5 books, and getting a prize!

super excited about spinning each week!

playing with shape magnets
Insisting on handing the libarian his library card "onself" (himself), so getting a lift from daddy

Backpack filled with more new and exciting books to read!

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, so adorable!! I love how h loves the library!!!! Precious pictures!!!