Saturday, June 5, 2010

sweet summertime

This past week we have kicked off summertime with a trip to the farmer's market and a playdate at the pool with friends. I am really excited about the time I am fortunate enough to have where my only focus is spending quality time with my boys. I actually made a list of things I am hoping to accomplish this summer....little things that make the most important memories....some of these include laying on a blanket and watching the stars in our yard, teaching them how to catch fireflies, baking more, setting up a lemonade stand, doing lots of messy painting and craft projects, etc. I am such a kid at heart when it comes to the fun stuff in life!! I think I may be more excited about the weeks ahead than the kids!
Reid wanted "all them" watermelons, but unfortunately, they weren't seedless, so we passed on them...but we did get a cantaloupe for the bargain price of one dollar! {Maybe it's not rotten!}

My little helper had a better idea for the stroller.....and {ofcourse} insisted on pushing it himself.....

the bargain "can-a-lop"--he was so proud to help carry our fruits and veggies....
My friend Kelly and her boys met us at the pool last week, and all the kids had a great time....

Reid and Jackson having so much fun in the water

Drew and Jackson had the best time "racing" the length of the baby pool....so cute to see our boys playing and becoming buddies...Looking forward to another week filled with exciting summer activities! Hope everyone's summer is off to a GREAT start, too!!

post signature

No comments: