Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Reid (almost 2 1/2), and his"Boo-Boy Bed"

Reid has transitioned seamlessly into his "boo-boy bed". (this is how he pronounces it). He just climbed right in a few weeks ago for nap and has not looked back! He is continuing to prove to be our "more laid back" child and for that I am so grateful! I am more in love with his personality than ever, at 2 yrs 5 months. He is such a happy child, always has a skip in his step, always giggling, observing everything around him, asking millions and millions of questions as his little mind tries to process his world around him. He brings so much joy and couldn't be a sweeter little boy! I could just eat him up!!
(This next part is for my memories...so sorry!) Some of my favorite things he says at this age include: "wiggie worm" (wiggle worm), "I WUV pasana!" (i love lasagna!), "Roo gonna sweep wit me?" (Is Drew going to sleep with me?), "Mama, I miss you SO MAUCH!" (mama, I've missed you so much {after I pick him up in the afternoons}), "I sweep my boo boy bed!" ( I slept in my big boy bed! {when we get him out in the mornings}) "don't worry, i get it" (when anyone drop something and needs help) and he has also picked up on the days of the week and months of the year songs I have been singing with Drew..He will sing the "May and June and July" part like "maaaybe.. june and wu-ly" and it is too cute! He really amazes me with the things he picks up on when I don't realize he is even paying attention. {I think he may even recognize more letters than Drew, and I haven't even started teaching them to him!....but more on that later!}
My absolute favorite thing he does right now is running up to me, grabbing my face (one chubby hand on each cheek), pulling my face towards his, and planting a big kiss right on my lips! He is so affectionate. It is so sweet and I hope he always wants to give his mama kisses! (ha ha)


the boys are sharing a big boy room...another view! I need to remember to take a picture of the awesome hand painted sky mural with clouds that the talented previous owners painted on the ceiling. It really completes their room!

post signature

No comments: